Saturday, February 18, 2012

GT Force Carbon Pro Bike 2012


The GT Carbon Force Expert benefits from a full 6" rear suspension in a world of 5.5" bikes. The I Drive design is noticeably efficient while the travel feels deep compared to similar bikes ridden including the Ibis Mojo and the Turner 5Spot. Once we swapped out the original bars and stem for something more suitable for a great trail bike we found the handling to be very predictable and the bike to pedal especially well over rough terrain. In fact I would venture to say that it pedals better over the rough than nearly any other bike we've tried. Frame rigidity is excellent with no noticeable rear end flex.




The bike is great on the down hills and climbs. I've had my bike for a year and it's beginning to creek. The bolts come loose in the pivot points so I'm always having to make sure they are tight so my bike can't be heard a mile away. I believe the bike should be serviced every 6-12 months. Grease needs to be added to reduce the metal on metal grinding. Overall it's a good bike but I'm not sure it's worth the price. It's a good intro bike for the beginner but I would not recommend it for advance riders.


Great bang for buck, gt rep told me lifttime warranty on frame. Which isnt much lighter than metal frame because its built to be strong not uber light weight. So a carbon force is stronger than metal force it should be up to par which sanction. With this understanding i hucked my stock bike over six foot no breakage. I wouldnt recommend that on daily basis though. im six foot two and got xtra large which i like cuz i can stretch out and earn my turns and when trails get tight and tech i drop my fork which sharpens handling. Get one while there on sale!


fter putting about 150 miles on this bike I wanted to write a review. I have the 2009, GT force carbon expert, size small, with all XT components. I am 5’ 7’’ about 140lbs.
I mostly ride XC single track but wanted a bike that rides more like an AM bike. I was looking for a bike that had more than 120mm travel but something I could still race on. I like the feel of the 69% head tub which gives it more of the race feel than a downhill or even AM bike. So this bike fix what I was looking for. The only thing I have changed are the tires to something lighter and now have the bike down to about 26.3 lbs.

First I love the carbon I have never rode on carbon before but it really dampens the ride and its not as bumpy. So far the carbon has been great and very efficient. Both Fox shock and Fork works really great with this bike. The fork can be adjusted to 110mm 130mm and 150mm but does not have any lock out which is a disadvantage if your use to one.
With any full suspension you will get some bob in the rear shock and that is true with the I drive design. But once I got everything set to what I like the bob was not bad, one of the best full suspension I have ridden. When going up a long climb you can always lock out the shock and this bike will really climb with the best of them. When riding with a group the group losses me when I am going uphill or starting to get my speed back from a turn. But once we go downhill or on a strait I catch up. Not the fastest or slowest bike but a 
sturdy bike. With that said this is a really fun bike to ride, you can ride it all day and throw just about any type of trail at it.

The one item I do not like is how GT brought the rear brake line through the seat tub and triangle. Because these parts move the cable started to wear the clear coat off of the frame. I ended up moving the cable outside so I don’t have this issue anymore I just zipped tied to the frame and works great.

Over all a great bike and I would suggest this bike to any one if it fits their needs. 



(mtbr.com, bikeradar.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Best Bicycle .All Rights Reserved
Design by Herdiansyah . Published by Borneo Templates